About the Journal
MAYFEB Journal of Mechanical Engineering is a peer-reviewed, open-access journal that publishes original research articles, review articles, and case studies in all areas of Mechanical Engineering which covers resources on the generation, transmission, and use of heat and mechanical power, as well as with the production and operation of tools, machinery, and their products. Topics in this category include heat transfer and thermodynamics, fatigue and fracture, wear, tribology, energy conversion, hydraulics, pneumatics, microelectronics, plasticity, strain analysis, and aerosol technology.
The topics and disciplines that MAYFEB Journal of Mechanical Engineering covers include but are not limited to:
- Acoustical engineering concerns the manipulation and control of vibration, especially vibration isolation and the reduction of unwanted sounds
- Manufacturing engineering concerns dealing with different manufacturing practices and the research and development of systems, processes, machines, tools, and equipment.
- Thermal engineering concerns heating or cooling of processes, equipment, or enclosed environments
- Air Conditioning
- Heating, Ventilating, Air-Conditioning, and Refrigerating
- Sports engineering is a field of engineering that involves the design, development, and testing of sports equipment. The equipment used by athletes has always gone through technological design and development based on current knowledge and understanding.
- Vehicle engineering, the design, manufacture, and operation of the systems and equipment that propel and control vehicles
- Automotive engineering, the design, manufacture, and operation of motorcycles, automobiles, buses, and trucks
- Naval architecture, the design, construction, operation, and support of marine vehicles and structures
- Aerospace engineering, the application of engineering principles to aerospace systems such as aircraft and spacecraft
- Marine engineering often refers to the engineering of boats, ships, oil rigs, and any other marine vessel or structure, but also encompasses oceanographic engineering.
- Power plant engineering, the field of engineering that designs, construct, and maintains different types of power plants. Serves as the prime mover to produce electricity.
- Geothermal power plants
- Coal-fired power plants
- Hydroelectric power plants
- Diesel engine (ICE) power plants
- Tidal power plants
- Wind Turbine Power Plants
- Solar power plants
- Energy Engineering is a broad field of engineering dealing with energy efficiency, energy services, facility management, plant engineering, environmental compliance, and alternative energy technologies. Energy engineering is one of the more recent engineering disciplines to emerge. Energy engineering combines knowledge from the fields of physics, math, and chemistry with economic and environmental engineering practices.